Technical Resources and Services—for the Public and Practitioners
Freedom from Hunger develops training and technical guides to enable microfinance institutions (MFIs) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Africa, Asia and Latin America to deliver value-added microfinance—financial services integrated with education and/or access to health protection products and services. The guides include education modules that enable MFIs and NGOs to deliver dialogue-based education sessions to groups of women and operational guides that enable MFIs to operate the main components of a Credit with Education program, NGOs to operate the main components of a Saving for Change program, and both to manage for social impact as well as program efficiency and sustainability.
Freedom from Hunger is committed to sharing with others what we have learned about offering microfinance, with the added value of education and access to health protection services, to meet the needs of the chronically hungry poor. We offer a variety of publications to inform, demonstrate and promote imitation and innovation. For those interesting in starting or enhancing a value-added microfinance program, Freedom from Hunger also offers training and technical assistance customized to organizational needs.
You will find the following:
- Articles—see what we have published in periodicals and research journals
- Research reports—see the research reports we have developed
- Education modules—see a list of all of the education modules we offer
- Services—learn about the services we offer
- Technical staff—learn about our staff
- Regional offices—get information on how to design, implement and sustain value-added microfinance
- Training—learn about our training approach
- Technical assistance—learn about our technical assistance approach and see examples of Freedom from Hunger’s long-term partnerships
Our guides are available free of charge but only to practitioners who have partnership agreements with Freedom from Hunger. There is no standardized partnership agreement; each partnership is customized to meet the specific needs and constraints of the practitioner organization. We encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or one of our regional offices to learn more about partnership with Freedom from Hunger.
Freedom from Hunger is eager to share and collaborate to promote action that amplifies and supports the self-help efforts of chronically hungry people worldwide. If you want to learn more about value-added microfinance, we will be very happy to accompany you in that process. Let us know how we can help.